Listen Reports are for 3 main uses:
- Find Influencers who talk about a specific topic (e.g. #MatteLipstick)
- Find influencers who talk about your brand organically (#MyBrandKR)
- Find influencers who work with your competitors (#MyCompetitorKR)
Difference between Hashtags and Filter by Hashtag:
- HASHTAG is the main parameter you use to aggregate (e.g. #MyBrandKR).
- FILTER by HASHTAG allows you to refine (e.g. #ad). This will only aggregate posts that contain both #MyBrandKR and #ad.
Filter is a further refinement of the posts you wish to aggregate.
Difference between Exclude Hashtags and Filter by Hashtag:
- FILTER BY HASHTAGS only includes the posts that contain that particular hashtag. For example, If you type #ad under "Filter by Hashtag" you will only see Paid collaborations.
- EXCLUDE HASHTAGS removes the posts that contain that particular hashtag. For example, if you type #ad under EXCLUDE HASHTAGS, you will only see Organic collaborations.
Intended use for Listen is to focus on local/niche hashtags.
If you use global hashtags with hundreds of thousands of posts or millions, you will be limited in terms of number of posts retrieved and update frequency.